Saturday, July 23, 2011

2nd 2 Week Summer Menu Plan with Grocery List

When I have a menu planned out, I am actually excited to make dinner!  I know I have everything on hand to make whatever is planned and I don't have to think up a good meal & check for ingredients amidst the chaos that is usually happening around here.  I feel I get to enjoy my kids more and I am FOR SURE less stressed every afternoon with my action plan in hand :)

I really enjoy grocery shopping every 2 weeks.  With young kids it is much easier to get it all done in a day, and not have to make another trip to the store during the week or the next.  I sometimes go in the evening after they are asleep and my husband stays with or we go as a family.  I try to ALWAYS have a list, because it is hard to think and I inevitably forget something if I don't have it written down.

This is a 2 week menu plan, 12 meal ideas (leaving on day each week for going out to eat or leftovers).

Menu:
Enchiladas, Corn/Avacado dip with Chips
Banana Pancakes, Sausage
Chicken, Rice, Cucumber & Tomato Salad
Roast Beef, Carrots, Potatoes & onions
Grilled Fish, Broccoli, Rice
Baked Ziti, Salad
Chicken Stir Fry
Cheesy Scrambled Eggs with veggies, Fruit
Hamburgers, Sweet Potato Fries, Slaw
Greek Chicken Wraps with Pepper Olive Relish, Carrots & Hummus, Fruit
Nachos
BBQ Beef Sandwiches, Chips & Pickles


Some of these items you may already have, so be sure to scan the list and cross off whatever you have on hand.  These are only dinner items, so be sure to include your lunch & breakfast foods too!

Grocery List:
3 Lbs of ground beef (Enchiladas, Ziti, Nachos, Burgers)
8 Chicken Breasts
Dozen Eggs
Medium Roast beef
Broccoli
Cucumber (2)
Tomatoes (4)
Sweet Onion (3)
Lettuce (2-3 heads of romaine or iceberg)
1 Avocado
Mellon
Bag of frozen corn
Bag of frozen spinach
Brown rice
1-2 bags of stir fry mix (depending on how much your family eats)
6 medium potatoes
2 large sweet potatoes
Bananas
Lemons
Cillantro
Bag of slaw (Or head of cabbage & make your own)
Bag of baby carrots
Mayo, Vinegar, Salt & sugar for slaw dressing
Ketchup, Mustard, BBQ Sauce
Bag Potato Chips (We buy Lays natural, cooked in only sunflower oil)
Bag of Tortilla chips (We buy tostidos organic corn chips Natural, only sunflower oil)
Loaf of bread (Rudi's Gluten Free Wholegrain bread, once toasted - so yummy!)
Package of soft Corn tortillas (organic if possible!)
Organic whole wheat Hamburger Buns (Or gf if you can find them, I have not yet- or eat without bun )
BBQ Sauce
Large bag of shredded cheddar cheese
Medium bag of shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 14 ounce can of enchilada sauce
2 buckets of fresh salsa
Gluten Free Soy sauce, chicken broth, garlic (for stir fry sauce)
Sour cream
Feta Cheese
Penne noodles ( I get brown rice penne noodles from Trader Joes 1.99)
Jar of spaghetti sauce (365 brand from Whole Foods, Fat free has no soy bean oil or sugar in it and it tastes great, here is a great recipe to make your own & sneak in an extra veggie)
Jar of Alfredo sauce (or make your own, butter, garlic, GF flour, whipping cream, salt & Parmesan cheese, this is what I ALWAYS do)
Pickles
These last ingredients are for the greek chicken wraps, RECIPE to come soon on here!
Can pitted kalamata olives
Can or jar of french green olives with herbs de provence
Can or jar of pemiento-stuffed green olives
Can or jar of pepperoncini peppers
Jar of Capers

Spices: Chili powder, Cumin, Oregano, Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder




No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment