Sunday, November 24, 2013

Getting In the Christmas Spirit

This weekend is one of my favorites of the Holiday season.  We kicked it off Thursday night in Milford for "The Big Reveal".  The whole town covers their store windows, and at 6:30 almost the kids line the sidewalks and pull off the Christmas paper to reveal live window displays for the Holidays.  Thus year was extra special because my niece, Emilia & cousin Abby were the live display in the Clothing Cove.  The story behind the display is a little girl in an attic who dresses up in a fancy gown & sees herself in the "mirror" as a grown lady. It was really neat.  The kids loved seeing their cousins in there :) A lot of the stores in town passed out fun treats, it was a great night.



On Friday I attended our annual Christmas Brunch (pictures from the brunch to come soon!), then headed to Cranbrook's Holiday Tables.  The Cranbrook Mansion is filled with tables, some from the original owners, and the tables are themed & decorated with beautiful china & gorgeous center pieces.  This is one of my favorite Christmas events, I love all the delicious brunch foods, fellowship with sweet women and all the Christmas decorating inspiration.  I always feel like after this, I am officially in the Christmas Spirit






I HAD to take this photo for Drew, my little dog lover!


And today I added a little Christmas touch to the kids beds, Flannel Christmas Sheets!!  I got the idea from my good friend Holly, who changes her kids beds to look more Christmas like each year.  I shopped at the end of the season last year and got these sheets for a steal!  They were so excited, because I surprised them. Now I will start gradually decorating the rest of the house.




1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a picture of the "dog table". Emilia was trying to explain it to me. She said it was even weirder than it looks in this picture. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment