Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sunflower Seed Butter


I picked up Trader Joe's Sunflower Seed Butter for $4.99 last week.  My son's school is nut-free, so no peanut butter or almond butter!  I wanted to pack pb & j for lunch last week, but obviously I can't do that :). So, this nut-free business makes snack/lunch time tricky, but not impossible.

I had heard Sunflower Seed Butter was pretty similar in consistency and labor to peanut butter, so I thought I would give it a whirl with the kids.  Drew LOVED it and actually asked for more!  He has never wanted more peanut butter, and actually isn't really a fan.  But Sunflower Seed Butter? It's a hit!!

I really like the taste of it, I recommend giving it a try.  Now that a lot of schools are peanut & nut free this is a great alternative, and doesn't sacrifice flavor. I'm excited to try it in other recipes.


Here I served it as a snack with apples, sprinkled with cinnamon.  You can purchase pre-sliced, bagged apples at Costco to send to school for lunch or a healthy snack.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment