Tuesday, September 3, 2013

No Evil will Conquer You


They keep playing this song at church "Come to Me" by Bethel Church.  Watch it when you can, it's a song from God to His people. It's beautiful and comforting.




This verse has ministered to me so much:

I am the Lord your peace,
 no evil will conquer you
Steady now your heart and mind, 
come into My rest
Oh, let your faith arise, 
lift up your weary head
I am with you wherever you go.

Some times I wonder about myself "Will I ever change?!". I mean really, did I have to say that?  I constantly think if I was one of Jesus' disciples I would have FOR SURE been Peter.  Always running my mouth, when I should be closing it.  It seems to always be mouth related issues with me, from childhood I was dubbed "The Mouth of the South." For real, ask my mama. HA HA!

But, even when I become discouraged with myself, because I messed up again and said the wrong thing or something ungodly, the Holy Spirit reminds me that "no evil will conquer me, because He is with me." Jesus reminds me He will finished what He started in me.  And though I'm not perfect, He is patient.  He loves me, big mouth and all and is working on me.  No matter what I do He won't leave, He won't give up, He won't go against me, He is for me no matter what.  Now that's the God I want to serve, the one who's love knows no end.

If you make the Lord your refuge,
    if you make the Most High your shelter,
no evil will conquer you;
Ps 91:9-10a


So whatever you are wrestling with, remember it will not conquer you, because GREATER is He that is in you.  So you just go ahead and tell your issue "You going down sucker, cause God has got my back, and your days are numbered."  Believe it, that through Christ you will come out of this battle you are having as the victor. Ask Him to move, and believe He will.  

2 comments:

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment