Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Your Love Never Fails

I read this verse a few days ago, and I keep thinking about it.


But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever.  --    -Psalm 52:8

David says he is like an Olive tree, but not just any olive tree, one that is flourishing.  The dictionary defines flourish as: to grow luxuriantly, to thrive, to prosper, to achieve success, to be in state of activity, to make bold and sweeping gestures.  

This Olive tree, is no wimpy tree, it is not shriveled up, dry, weak, worried, fruitless tree.  This tree is rocking it!  It is a tree that is excelling in every way it can, it has fruit, it has lush leaves, it is strong, it is full of life.  Does you feel like you could describe yourself in that way?  Are you like a mighty tree planted in the house of God, reaching your fullest potential?  I have to say I read this and I was challenged.  I want to be like this sound, sturdy, immovable tree.  I want to be successful in all things and full of life.

To see the author's secret we have to finish the rest of the verse, David is like this strong, fruitful tree because....... He trusts in God's unfailing love forever and ever.  Do I believe God's love for me NEVER fails?  Even when I mess up?  STILL THERE!  Even when I don't act very loving to him or others around me?  STILL LOVING ME!  It is a little hard to fathom, but what does His word say about it?


Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.  Isaiah 54:10

Nothing shakes God, there is nothing that can separate us from His love, praise Him for his compassion and grace!!  I am thankful His love endures forever.  I am so glad His love is not based on my action, but on His goodness.  He loves me eternally.  I believe the more we know and trust that His love never fails for us and meditate on it, we will be able to say as David did I am like a flourishing Olive tree in the house of God, because HE LOVES ME!!!

Do you trust in His love?  Do you believe it never fails?  Sing this song, and believe it!


Linking to: