Thursday, February 7, 2013

Plans for a future!

January was an interesting month for me.  I started the month out with spurts of severe pain in my chest due to subluxated ribs, NOT fun!  Then I got a really bad cold, sore throat, on-going runny nose, coughing, the whole nine yards.  For my birthday things cleared up, then the next day I was rear ended for the first time in my life.  So I did not feel well the whole month, due to either an injury or a sickness, at times I was worried, I wondered what is going on, I felt distant and not myself.  But there was a verse God kept bringing to my mind "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11.  I had to cling to that verse.  I had to believe that He had a plan for me, a plan for a future.  It gave me the hope I needed.



Jeremiah 29:11 became my promise for the month of January.  I didn't tell that to anyone, just kept repeating it when something else would go wrong.  One morning a good friend of mine texted me this same verse out of the blue.  On my birthday I received a card from another friend with the SAME VERSE on it.  God was revealing His plan for me and confirming it through other people.  Every time doubt started to creep in, or I got worried I would say that verse and believe in God's word over my circumstance.  I saw my perspective change, hope arrived and lifted me.

Not only was that verse always coming up but there was a song that I kept hearing.  When I was discouraged once I turned on the radio and the song PROMISES was playing "Just hold on to the promises", this happened 3 or 4 times last month.  It always came on the radio just when I needed. I would just smile and say "Thanks again God, I needed that!"  What a reminder, that no matter what was going on, the promises of God still stand.  And I would remember that promise from Jeremiah 29.

Today I woke up pretty sick again, I was like NO!!  I laid around all day, and jumped on Facebook early in the morning.  My friend JoAnn had this posted on her page:


Promises, by Sanctus Real.  How timely, just when I needed reminding.  God has got me, his promises are still true, he has a plan, and I can trust and rest in Him.  He is so good to me!