Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cookies for Breakfast!



Last week, I woke up one morning very refreshed.  I was able to sleep in, and by sleep in I mean 7:30 (My definition of sleeping in has sure changed for me from my college days of 10,11,12....)  Anyways,  I was delighted to hear my kids playing well together in their bedrooms, laughing and enjoying each other.  How nice!!  It was at the moment I realized something.  I had made chocolate chip cookies the night before, and had left them out on the counter to cool.  Uh oh!  I called for the kids and sure enough they came running in, as happy as could be, with chocolate smudges all over their faces.  The first thought that came to my mind was "Oh well!  That was worth the extra hour of sleep."  And not to mention, those cookies probably had about the same amount of sugar as some cereals do!  It made me laugh, and taught me a little lesson, put the cookies away!  Out of sight out of mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment