Friday, December 14, 2012

Praying for those affected by the Connecticut Shooting

Such a sad day, so much grief tore through our country today as news of the Connecticut shooting spread.

I pray for the families that are torn by this act of evil.

We serve a good God and we have a compassionate savior, Jesus.....and today He grieved for the families, the innocent lives lost, the pain and destruction of this disaster.  He never intended for people to kill others, for sin and evil to rule.

God is good, God is love, God is light and truth.  But what happened today was not of God.  The devil comes to kill, steal and destroy, but Jesus comes to give life.  (From John 10:10). 

I am sad that this man did not know my Jesus.  I wish He had known the love of God.  I am grieved for the families and their tragic loss.  Please join me in praying for them this entire Holiday season, as they gaze on the unopened presents and vacant seats at the table and in the car.  That they turn to Jesus for comfort.  I can't imagine their pain.  And I pray that these horrific events remind us to share the love of God to a world who needs it.  


"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed" Psalm 34:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment