Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Power of His LOVE

Have you ever had to be nice to someone you REALLY didn't want to?  How do you do that? Do you fake it, say kind things, but think others?  You know, I have realized something, God doesn't just want us to be nice on the outside and pretend, He actually wants us to love the unloveable.  Jesus said "Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. " Matthew 5:44. So I am here to tell you, this ain't happening unless you have His help.  That kind of love and care He wants us to have for others, even those who oppose us, comes from Him alone.  If I try to love someone in my own strength, it never gets too far. By myself it is like I am trying really hard to like you, but I just can't.  But, with God it is His powerful love that moves mountains, melts hearts of stone, changes people.  In order to have and show that to anyone else, you have to experience it from Jesus yourself.

If you have read my blog for any amount of time, you know I am fascinated by the love of God.  I am constantly on a journey of searching out the depth of the love of Christ.  The word says in Ephesians chapter 3(here is the first time I shared a bit on this verse.) as you grasp, experience and understand the divine love Jesus has for you personally, you grow into the fullness of God (vs 18-19).  His love is so powerful, the more you "get it", the stronger you become.  I heard a pastor recently say "When you are conscious of the love God has for you, naturally you get full of God."  It makes sense, because God is love (1 John 4:8), so as you are filled with His love, you are filled with Him, his very nature: love.

I read this in Thessalonians today:   "May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ." 2 Thessalonians 3:5 NLT.  I really do believe God wants us to understand His love and meditate on how much He truly cares for us individually.  It is one thing to say this blanket statement: "God loves people", but it is quite different to contemplate and believe "God truly loves me, Amber, I am the one He loves."  Starting my day out with that statement, and truly focusing on His love, fills me up.  And the funny thing is when I am filled with Him, believing his enduring love for me, I begin expressing that love to others.  Isn't that how it should be?  As we truly grasp His love for us, we can truly, effortlessly show it to others.  Jesus even said "I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you." John 13:15.  So we can truly love others, as we have been loved.  "We love because he first loved us."  1 John 4:19

When I am struggling to love someone, first I have to ask God to remind me how much He loves me....I have to meditate and believe I am the one He loves, I am His beloved.  Then I say "God, I know you are love and you truly love this person, let your power rest on me, right now I am weak, I need you to love them through me."   It works, and then I am loving in His strength, which, by the way is the BEST and MOST POWERFUL way to love someone.

Is there someone in your life that you are struggling to love?  Do you truly know how much God loves you personally?  Do a google search on love bible verses, find one that speaks to you, learn it, say it, believe it.  And don't forget Jesus can and wants to love people through you, ask him for help, He won't leave you hanging.  He is your savior, saving is what He does, cry out to Jesus!

Click here for: A few verses and songs to get ya started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment