Sunday, October 21, 2012

Being Led by the Spirit

Just reading the word tonight and came across two verses that really stuck out to me:


“For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.”  Romans 8:14

One of my favorite quotes from Mark Hall (of Casting Crowns) is: "If you want to get closer to God, just do the next thing He says."  Simple, but how often are we doing this?  The verse says if you are led by the Holy Spirit of God, you are his sons & daughters.  

Then Romans goes on to say “The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.”  Romans 8:19

And I was thinking about those two verses.  The world is actually waiting, hoping, looking forward to the time that the people of God are being led by the Spirit of God.  After doing the Holy Spirit bible study (Beth Moore's- Living Beyond Yourself) last year, I remember determining that when God spoke I was gonna move.  Of course the first thing was TOTALLY awkward, I had to step out of my comfort zone, and in the past I would have been like, no I don't want to.  That time was different, I had just decided I wanted to hear from the Holy Spirit, and act, so I would be able to recognize his voice more clearly each time.  (Thank you Danielle!!) I acted, God showed up, sooooo much joy followed and it was a pivotal moment in my walk with God.  More on that story here: The Beginning of a GREAT ADVENTURE  Now I can't say that I always hear and respond with total obedience (thank goodness for grace), but I am more aware of it now.  

So I wanted to encourage you today, be led by His Spirit.  His voice is true, real and peaceful.  It will never contradict The Word, will lead you in victory, and more than likely lead you into a situation where you absolutely have to rely on the LORD.  But listen, the world is waiting for us to step up, hear his voice and act on it.  Time to show we are the sons and daughters of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment