Monday, August 20, 2012

I don't want to be lazy!

This is just a quick thought from a verse I am thinking and meditating on today.  Saw this verse in proverbs: " A farmer too lazy to plant in the spring has nothing to harvest in the fall." Proverbs 20:4 MSG.  This can apply to any area in your life (as my friend Maria pointed out when I shared this with her today).  It is so true.  It's kinda like the story of the Little Red Hen.  She did all the work of plowing, sowing, watering, reaping, taking the harvest to the mill, making the bread, while her "friends" played and would not help and were basically lazy!  However when it came time to reap the reward of fresh baked bread they were ready to participate.  Little Red Hen says "I don't think so! You better recognize!", of course that is the Amber-version in my head. But it basically illustrates the verse and truth that if you want to reap a harvest, you need to be active in the growing process.

There are certain behaviors I want to see in my kids, but I have found if I don't take the time to train them I don't see the desired behavior.  There is a certain way I want my body to look, but if I don't exercise and eat right, it is not happening.  I want to be so full of the presence of God and know what his word says ( it is our weapon against the enemie's lies and attacks) but how can I achieve this if I don't feed on his word and spend time before the throne every day?  A good harvest takes work, energy, time and a plan.  Thankfully we don't have to do it alone.  His word says "In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." rom 8:37. In the strength of Christ, who lives in every believer, you have the ability to overcome whatever you are struggling with and be more than victorious!


 And if you are feeling too tired or lazy first I would say go to bed at a decent hour and find verses to say out loud that apply to sweet sleep (that is a heritage of believers). Once you start saying and believing his word, there is so much power that comes, remember that is all Jesus said during his temptation, because it is enough.  And also my verse I quote to my self for more energy and to battle laziness "And if the Spirit of him who raise Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal body through His Spirit, wholives in you" Romans 8:11. 


I hope today you are encouraged to take a look at your goals, to go before God to ask if they are His goals for you, and if so, ask to do it through Jesus and believe that the Holy Spirit will give you the energy to do so.  Rest in knowing that if what you desire is in line with His plan for you, He has equipped you to achieve!