Monday, June 27, 2011

Chicken Kabobs



Hi readers!  I just wanted to start this post off by saying sorry I have not been on here regularly.  I actually have this "pact" with God that I can not get on the internet until I have done my quiet time with Him everyday.  Some days I don't get to that till later in the evening and others it is done in the afternoon while the kids are napping.  I love waiting till after I have spent sometime with the Lord, it really helps me keep my priorities straight.  Sometimes I forget and I will start to get on and the Holy Spirit reminds me "hey, what are you doing?"  I always find it is best to listen to his prompting, definitely don't want to quench the Spirit. Also, summer is sooo busy, grad parties, birthdays and hosting family & friend parties, there has been a lot going over here!! So all that to say, by the end of the night sometimes I only have time to check my emails and then spend some time with my hubby.  I will post as often as I can!

So chicken kabobs...... there are a ton of versions of kabobs, and I think just about every time I make them they are different.  I just wanted to give you and idea for a different summer time meal.  Take advantage of the weather and the grills while you can!!!  Earlier in the day (or before you leave for work) cube some chicken and cut veggies of choice, throw them in a zip lock back with a marinade (Italian dressing works good if you are in a hurry), coat, and then let sit for a few hours, place on skewers and grill.  I know some people who skewer on the food first thing and just turn a few times so whatever is easier for ya. Super easy and really good!!

Recipe this time:
3 chicken breasts, thawed, cubed
1 green pepper, 1/2 orange pepper cut in chunks
1 small container of mushrooms
1 sweet onion, cut in chunks

Marinade:
1/4 cup grape seed oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar ( I used 18 yr. traditional, from Olive World Olive Press- AMAZING! www.oldworldolivepress.com)
1 teaspoon All American Season (This is my favorite seasoning, buy locally or at www.mickeysrubsandspices.com)

Throw the chicken and veggies in a one gallon zip lock back, mix the marinade together (I like to make my own so I know what is actually in it and approve of everything) and add to the bag.  Turn the bag over and use your hands to coat evenly.  Let marinade in the refrigerator as long as possible, 30 minutes is better than nothing, a couple of hours if possible.  Alternate veggies and meat on skewers, grill for about 5 minutes on each side, till chicken is cooked at about 350 degrees.  Serve over Rice or Quinoa and fresh fruit.  Wonderful light summer meal!  Serves 4









2 of our favorite ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment