Sunday, May 22, 2011

Quick Stir Fry


I came up with this stir fry this week.  I thought it was a nice change from the normal lunch I throw together for a friend coming over.  It is really quick and versatile, just use whatever veggies you have on hand. I have been cooking my chicken first thing in the week, shredding it, freezing some, and keeping a few zip lock bags of cooked chicken in the fridge.  I will add it to salads, sandwiches & dinners through out the week and I don't have to wait for it to cook, just re-heat.  Recently I have been buying cabbage, mainly for slaw, stir fries & soup (more in the winter).  It adds a great flavor to Asian dishes.

Ingredients:
1/2 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
1/8-1/4 cup soy sauce (make sure it is gluten-free(if you are doing that diet), they sneak wheat in!)
1 chicken breast, cooked, sliced
1/3 small red cabbage, shredded
1 broccoli crown, steamed chopped large

Sautee the onions and garlic in oil, until the onions are translucent.  Pour in the broth and soy sauce, add the chicken and cook for a few minutes till heated through.  Last throw in the cabbage & broccoli.  Sautee the mixture for about 3 minutes, until the cabbage is just starting to soften.  Taste & see if you want to add more soy sauce.  Serve warm.  This is also something you can make a little while before your guest (or family) is ready to eat.  Just heat for a few minutes on high to warm up.  Enjoy!!  Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment