Sunday, April 3, 2011

Strawberries & Cream Oatmeal


Another oatmeal recipe!  I told you I love oatmeal, and I haven't had it in months, so I am going to be making it a lot.  When my husband came out this morning and I had this on the table, he said, "Oh this looks fun!"  Oatmeal is usually plain here, but I am trying to get more creative and have my 3 year old eat more fresh fruit.  After eating it, my hubby exclaimed "That was the BEST oatmeal I have ever had!"  Yay!!!!  I was really excited and couldn't wait to share with ya!

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups dry gluten-free oats
water
5 strawberries, stems removed & sliced
agave nectar
coconut oil
heavy whipping cream (Costco has the BEST deal on organic whipping cream 1/2 gallon for 5 something)

Cook the oats according to package directions.  I usually just barely cover the oats with water, bring to a boil, stir and simmer on low till ready to eat.  Add coconut oil to the bowls first, about a tablespoon each.  Add the cooked oats, sliced strawberries, drizzle with agave and pour about 1/4-1/2 cup whipping cream (or milk of choice) over the top, mix & serve.  It was fabulous and will be making many appearances at our breakfast table!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment