Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies


I was at a local shop and almost bought gluten-free cookies this week, they looked sooooo good and I wanted a dessert right then.  However, I checked the price tag, $7.00!!!  NO WAY!  I do sometimes pay a little more for convenience foods, like peeled baby carrots occasionally, but not that much more!!  I just couldn't do it.  So I picked up a gluten/soy/dairy free package of chocolate chips instead.  I used Bob's Red Mill gluten-free all purpose flour to make these cookies and they turned out amazing!  Not crumby at all, and soft in the middle, a fun treat for our family.  My poor boys, all they want is a nice hostess cupcake, and here I am making these gluten-free, bean flour desserts!  We are having a good transition though, and my goal is to make the best tasting desserts so they don't even like the taste of the processed junk.  Andrew (my former culinary-arts hubby) said, wow these are actually good, so I took that as a BIG complement!  (Also beware- the batter isn't as good as "normal" cookie dough tastes, but after baked the cookies are delish!)

Ingredients:

1 2/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup raw sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips, gluten/dairy/soy free is what I used they are awesome!

Cream the butter & sugars.  Add the egg, mix until smooth.  Add the vanilla, baking soda, arrowroot powder,  salt, and last the flour.  Finally blend in the chocolate chips.  Drop the dough in mounds (about a tablespoon each) on a slightly greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes till the edges are slightly golden.
Remove from oven, let set on sheet for about 2 minutes then remove to a cooling rack.  Eat warm :)
Makes about 30 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment