Friday, March 25, 2011

Moist Cinnamon Apple Muffins



I am a huge fan of breakfast/ brunch foods, this recipe is on the top of my list for muffins.  These were the first muffins I ever tried from "Elana's" cookbook: The Gluten-free almond flour cookbook and I fell in LOVE with them!!  She has GREAT gluten-free & dairy-free recipes, but this and the chocolate cake are my most favorite!


 You would never know these muffins were made with almond meal, they are soooo moist and yummy.  I get my almond meal from Trader Joe's, I don't use Almond flour because it is way more expensive.  It is a great snack on the go for you or the kids, high in protein & packed with fruit!  





Ingredients

  • 2 cups Almond Meal
  • 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/4 cup Arrowroot Powder
  • 1 tsp Cinnamon, Ground
  • 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil (I have used melted organic butter before)
  • 1/2 cup Agave Nectar Light (I have used 1/2 cup xylitol & 1 Tablespoon water)
  • 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 2 small apples, chopped into 1/4 inch squares

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Mix all ingredients in order in a bowl.  Using a ladle, scoop mixture into 12 muffin cups.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Allow to cool to room temperature before eating.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment