Monday, March 28, 2011

Easy Kettle Corn


For some reason I was craving fresh Kettle Corn tonight.  I have never made this before, but I thought, it can't be too hard.  I found a quick recipe at http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/kettle-corn/Detail.aspx then I changed it slightly & we were very surprised with how good it was.  Drew was calling it "sugar pop corn", so it is sweet, I look forward to trying it with xylitol.

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup raw sugar
  • 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
  • sprinkle of salt

  • Melt coconut oil on med-high heat in large sauce pan.  Once melted stir in the sugar and kernels.  Cover the pan and shake constantly so the sugar doesn't burn.  Continue moving until all the corn is popped.  Once cooled slightly, stir to break up any clumps & sprinkle with salt.  Serve warm.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment