Monday, March 28, 2011

Staying Focused


One of the reasons I started this blog was to promote living life to the fullest.  I hope to inspire people to eat healthy, spend quality time with family, help those in need, get creative around the house and really know what the purpose of life is.  It is very easy to get passionate about something and forget what truly matters.  We can get all into health food, or becoming the best parent, looking trendy, becoming wealthy, or fitting in with our friends.  These things aren't bad, but when they consume our thoughts and take our minds off our creator we need to step back and evaluate where our hearts truly lie.

 I heard Pastor Chris once say "We don't have a problem worshiping.  Us as humans are REALLY good at worshiping, in fact we were created to worship, but are we worshiping the right thing?"  I think of the Chris Tomlin song where he sings :
"You and I were made to worship, you and I are called to love
You and I are forgiven and free
You and I embrace surrender, you and I choose to believe
Then you and I will see who we were meant to be"

I am super excited about this blog.  I love sharing stories and ideas with others.  Today when I had a little time to myself my mind could think of nothing else.  I had thoughts of "ooooh I could do this, and I can put that in, and wouldn't this be neat?"  I finally had a quiet house and my thoughts were anything but peaceful.  I then realized I hadn't spent any quality time talking with my Father.  

God is supposed to be my number one, and I have to work at keeping him there.  I immediately turned my thoughts to him, I began to pray.  For about the first 5 minutes my mind kept going on little rabbit trails, but I kept refocusing on his majesty.  Just stop and think about how powerful He is.  To speak the galaxy and everything in it into being, AMAZING.  I just can't even fathom how INCREDIBLY AWESOME He is, and sometimes I don't have time to talk to Him?!  What could be more important?  I like to think of it this way sometimes, if the Queen of England came to my house, would I not drop everything and just sit and talk with her, make her feel like she is the most important person, the royal that she is?  God is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much more special than her!  And he actually wants to be a part of my life?  WOW!


God is the reason we exist, He created us to have fellowship with Him.  As you are going through your days don't let yourself become so excited about something that you forget why we are here.  Let's keep our worship on who deserves it.  When I started this blog I committed it to the Lord in prayer, "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed" Proverbs 16:3  As I prayed today I felt him whisper "Be real and share what you're thinking."

I will end with another song, by Mercyme that sums up my thoughts today:
 "What can we say to describe just a glimpse of Your glory 
How can our words portray but a thread of your majesty 
But still we praise our Savior 
In Spirit and in Truth 
For we cannot say enough about You" 




5 comments:

  1. Great Post Amber!!!

    I remember singing the MercyMe song at conference and camp. It's a great song.. Love it!!

    Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Kim! I remember hearing it in person for the first time AWESOME! I can't hear that song and not think of our wonderful times growing up & youth group :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is "work it!" an appropriate comment here?? :)
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha...the phrase "work it!" is appropriate at all times! :) Amber I just love your blog. I have been reducing gluten in my diet for the past two months and I love the food. Praying for yah girly!
    Stacey P.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA WORK IT! I love it and completely agree Stacey! Thanks for the prayers, looking forward to chatting with you soon :) I am glad you are having success with reducing gluten, it really isn't that bad, even Andy says so :)

    ReplyDelete

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment