Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dark Moist Zucchini Bread

Drew and I had a good time making a new zucchini bread recipe, from my Great Aunt Judy today. We do a lot of cooking/baking together.   As soon as I pull the mixer out he always runs in and says "I want to help!!!".  Sometimes I try to sneak out the hand mixer and get my dish made quickly - he ALWAYS hears it, no matter what he is doing...in he comes running and ready to work!!!  Of course I can cook soooo much faster alone, but I would miss the the joy in his eyes I see as we make our creations together.  Take the time to include your little ones while you can, these moments are priceless.

1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses
1 1/2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (King Arthur brand)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts, pecans would work)

Squeeze and drain moisture from grated zucchini.  In a large mixing bowl combine oil, eggs, vanilla and honey.  Sift dry ingredients and stir them into the oil mixture until blended.  Stir in zucchini, raisins and nuts.  Pour batter into 9 x 5 loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour, till a tooth pick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment