Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chunky Guacamole


I crave really good homemade guacamole sometimes!  Occasionally I check out the avacados in the produce section and they're in such poor shape that I have to get the ready-made version (which works great if you are in a hurry or are gone all day and want a "quick fix").  I think the prepared guac from the store is good enough, but NOTHING beats guacamole from scratch.  Haley Street first introduced me to this chunky-style guac, and I have been hooked ever since!

Ingredients:

1 medium tomato, diced
1/4 of a large sweet red onion, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium poblano pepper, minced (1jalapeño (seeded) works too, I couldn't believe Meijer was all out last week!)
1 handful of cilantro, minced
1/4-1/2 teaspoon of salt (to taste)
juice of one lime
4 avocados, scooped out of skin & diced

Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, add the avocado pieces last.  Serve with chips or on your favorite taco dish.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment