Saturday, January 18, 2014

LEADING on & off the field


No, this not a post about sports.

Tonight our pastor was sharing how his college football coach said they needed to be men who would "Be a Leader on and off the Field."  Ok, maybe I am going to slightly talk sports so I can set up my point...Basically what the coach meant was just as you lead when the fans are watching, when you are in the arena, when your team is following you in the big game, you need to be a leader in your personal life & personal time as well.  Make choices of integrity at ALL times, not just when people are watching.

Now bringing my point home....I don't know about you, but I find it EASY to be sweet, slow to get angry, friendly & patient when I'm "on the field" aka in public, at church, around friends.  But in my personal time, when I'm off the field, home around my nearest and dearest I don't always lead peacefully.  For some reason I can let my emotions run me easier behind the scenes.  But I decided that has got to stop & in Christ I have strength for all things. (Phil 4:13)

I have chosen the word PEACE to be my theme for this year.  I want my heart and mind to be at peace at all times, so that overflows into our home.  I am praying for strength in Christ to be calm & collected regardless of the circumstance, in public or private.  The truth is there is no such thing as "private" because someone is always watching:  people you aren't even aware of, your husband, your kids, the Holy Spirit.

So, as I begin to feel anxious, frustrated or overwhelmed, instead of letting my emotions lead me, I try to remember the following verse, apply it to my situation, and lead my emotions to the throne of the almighty.  It is amazing to see the power that comes along with the Word of God & talking with Him.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.  Phil 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment