Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Heart like His, Guest posting at Through the Storms

One of my favorite questions to ask people is “What is God teaching you right now?” When debating what to write for this guest post, I thought, well, I might as well share what is on my heart right now, because it’s fresh. And because it has been rocking my world.
I have never been much of a reader, but in the past couple of years if you were to ask me, I am always in the middle of some new read. I don’t know when it started, it came on gradually I guess, but as soon as I finish one book, I pick up another. I just finished reading Max Lucado’s “Cast of Characters.” There were tons of life-changing truths throughout the whole book, but one that I can not shake is a statement about Jesus:
He had ample time for the happy-hour crowd, but little time for clergy and the holy “upper crust”. Click to tweet!
This single sentence did something to me. God came to earth and He chose to spend His time with nobodies, in the eyes of society. He wasn’t trying to catch the attention of popular people, He did not only hang out with spiritually sound people or exclusively His friends, He didn’t reveal His deity to the churchy people and the “big hitters” of religion. He came to those who needed Him........
To read the rest of this post click HERE & Visit Peggy's blog, Through the Storms, where I am  honored to be her guest today :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment