Sunday, August 25, 2013

Word Up


Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.  Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you.  I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Is 41:10 (Verse of the day Bible App)



Time in the Word.  A time to sit with Jesus and be refreshed.  As a mom of small children, I admit some days I only get one verse in, "The verse of the day" on my Holy Bible App. And that's ok.  Everybody's quiet times look different, because we are all in different stages, we have different personalities, we learn in unique ways.

Lately I have made a new goal for myself.  Try to read one chapter before I get out of bed, and throughout the day try to fit a few more in. So here is what I am reading:

*I do a Psalm everyday, I adore the Psalms...I am always like YES!!! This guy knows what I'm talkin' about! And when I finish the whole book, I start over again.

*I have just started reading a Proverbs chapter everyday. There are 31 days in most months, and 31 chapters in Proverbs, works out pretty good.  You will always remember where you are at!

*I always read a portion of the New Testament, right now I'm in Philippians.

*And lastly, I'm reading the "stories" as I like to call them, the history books in the Old Testament.  I'm in 1Samuel, reading about David in the wilderness with his mighty men.  There are some crazy stories up in the bible let me tell you and I love all the foreshadowing of Jesus in the OT.

Now...do I read all of these, everyday? Not usually, did I mention I have small children? This is what I aim for, how I choose what I am reading each day.  I encourage you to try to do what you can with the time God gives you, and remember a little is better that nothing.

I would love to hear from you, what are you reading? Are you doing a study or following a plan? How do you decide where you will read in the Word? Are you in "Verse of the day" stage of life?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment