Monday, August 12, 2013

Just Hold on to Jesus



I have been wanting to blog for so long now, but I have wondered where I should start after a 3 month blog break!  ALOT has happened and to be honest I don't really feel equipped to share, but then again I never did, it has always been Jesus in me to Him be ALL the glory!   Something is tugging inside of me to be real and open up.  So here goes nothing....

In this age we live in most people are connected through social media a lot of times we only see the BEST pictures, funniest moments & incredibly exciting trips.  Of course we want people to see the best, I never put an ugly picture of myself up (true story!) but when we only see other people's best, we aren't seeing true reality.  Life is FULL of super cool  mountain top experiences, but there are also some times when you go through the valleys and you are discouraged, we don't like to share about those as much.  I haven't written in 3 months because I needed a rest, but also because I have been walking through the valley.

My best advice to any who are in a valley yourself is to Just hold on to Jesus. 

I read in Psalms today that The Lord rules over the flood waters. (29:10 NLT)  To me that meant even when the floods of life are rising, you won't drown because Jesus is still The Lord, your God.  He may show up in an unexpected way, and at a time you thought was strange, because His ways aren't our ways, but don't give up hope.  Even if you don't understand and can't see a way, Jesus can be trusted.  

God is faithful to His promises, and as a believer I have found when I truly believe His word, it activates the promise.   In other words, until you believe it, you won't see it.   So here is one promise that ministered to me this weekend.  If you feel tired, if your strength is gone, if you've lost your joy, if you are worn, empty, exhausted and discouraged I dare you to believe God.  It will change your life!

He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.  Even youths will become weak and tired, and young men will fall in exhaustion.  But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:29-31 NLT

Linking up to these lovely blogs: Hear it on Sunday, Use it on Monday