Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chicken Sausage & Pepper Stir Fry




I am LOVING the Chicken sausages and all the different meals you can throw together with them.  I made this fun meal last night and my husband was all over it, so I thought I would pass it along to anyone who needs a fresh idea.



Ingredients:
One 4 pack of Chicken sausages (I used Sun dried tomato, basil & mozzarella), sliced, sauteed
Heavy Whipping Cream (I always buy from Costco that 1/2 gallon, good deal)
1/2 Jar of stewed, canned tomatoes (I always used homemade)
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 Onion, chopped
1 Green pepper, sliced
1 cup Quinoa, cooked in chicken broth
Parmesan Cheese



Directions:
Cook the quinoa according to directions, be sure to use chicken broth for added flavor.  Sautee the sliced sausages in a skillet with a little grapeseed oil, until slightly browned.  Next add the onions and cook until translucent, lastly add the green peppers to desired tenderness and add oil as needed.  While the onions & peppers are cooking make up the sauce. In a separate plan melt butter, add flour until bubbly, add 3/4 cup cream and heat until thickened.  Then add about a cup of stewed tomatoes.  Once the onions and peppers are cooked, you can assemble the plates.  Put quinoa down first, place sausage, peppers & onions on top of quinoa & pour sauce over top.  Top it off with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Enjoy, yum, yum, yum!

Here it is pictured without the sauce if you are dairy free.