Sunday, January 13, 2013

Quinoa Salad



My friend Sara made this for lunch for me this week, and I had to put the recipe on the blog it was SOOOOOOO DELISH! It is really filling, very good for you, dairy free, gluten-free, not that I am on a diet like that but I know a lot of people are. So, I made quinoa as a side for dinner last week, and I refrigerated the leftovers. For this salad you chop up whatever fresh veggies you have on hand, add a little flavoring and you have a super tasty, light, healthy lunch.

 Ingredients:
1 cup cooked quinoa, chilled
1/2 avocado, chopped
1/2 medium tomato, chopped
1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 slice of onion, chopped
1/2 juice of a lemon
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon vinegar
salt & pepper to taste

 Mix it all together, serve cold. Yum, yum, yum!