Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Quick Chocolate Mint Milkshake


The other night I all of a sudden wanted something cold, minty and chocolate.  This is what I came up with.....and the whole family was loving it. Real quick to throw together with ingredients typically we have on hand.  I do most my creations to taste, the following recipe is the basic ingredients, but be sure to adjust by tasting as you mix, to get it just right for your liking.

Ingredients:
4 cups vanilla ice cream
1 1/2 -2 cups milk (depending on desired milkshake consistency)
3 Tablespoons cocoa powder (add more if you want richer flavor)
1/4 teaspoon of pure peppermint extract (p.e. is very strong, so if you want a more minty taste, increase slowly)
Can of whipped cream (or homemade)

Place first 4 ingredients in a blender, blend until smooth, add more flavor (cocoa or mint if needed). Pour into cups, top with a dollop of whipped cream.  Enjoy your winter minty treat!

And I want to say something about whipped cream.  I was inspired to buy whipped cream in a can the other day, after listening to the radio.  Right before Thanksgiving the hosts were discussing which was their favorite topping: Cool Whip or Whipped Cream.  The guy said "I have to say whipped cream because of the cool noise it makes when you squirt it out."  I laughed, thought it was a good answer, and when I saw the Reddi-wip on sale that week, I picked it up.  During our family movie night, I broke it out and introduced Emma to getting a squirt in the mouth.....she was scared! We laughed, finally gave her a taste and once she actually licked it off my finger, she was all in.  Of course, Drew was all about it from the very beginning, my little sweet tooth!  We had the best time with that little can, laughing and squirting ...I highly suggest buying a can for a fun family treat.  The kids have been asking me periodically for a "squirt".  Too funny!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment