Saturday, November 10, 2012

Run Your Race

This was my verse of the day: "...I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead,  press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us." Philippians 3:13b-14

Maybe that was Paul's "secret",  if you will allow me to call it that.  He determined to forget the past, and press on.  Regaurdless of what people said and thought, he kept following hard after Jesus and fulfilling the call God had on his life.  My friend Sara shared this analogy with me: Imagine you are running a race, and suddenly someone calls out from the stands and criticizes how you are running.  You stop running and go up in  the stands to explain yourself, and possibly there is conflict, all the while the race is still going on.  If you stop running your race every time there is a challenge, do you think you will win, or even finish?  

Do you know how many times I have stopped "running" when I have been hurt, criticized, discouraged, judged, belittled?  Many times!!  I used to worry about what others thought so much, that it would infringe on my walk with God.  What a trick by the enemy!!  But I have decided no more!  God has a calling on my life and He has promised me victory, now I just need to walk in that. What He thinks is all that matters, no more discussing with the opposition, those in the "stands" don't affect my race, God guides me, Jesus strengthens me, His Spirit empowers me, it is all about staying fixed on Him and what He wants me to do.


I don't know what calling God has on your life, but in order to keep running your race, you need to stay focused, not get distracted with all the obstacles the enemy, the world or the flesh throws in your way.  I have found for me it is best to forgive the offense as soon as it happens, not let others' opinions of me bother me and to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus and all that he accomplished for me.  When you are focused on Christ (not yourself or others) is when you are transformed, because He is the perfector of our faith.  

"So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord--who is the Spirit--makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.." 2 Corinthians 3:14.  Study Jesus, The Lord, behold his glory, stay fixed on Him, build your faith in his sacrifice, you will become like Him and be changed into His image with ever increasing glory by His Spirit as you do this.  I just want to be more like Jesus.  I urge you to read 2 Corinthians 3 and see how we can reflect his glory, how exactly the veil is taken off so you can truly see God for who He is and in turn, reflect it to the world.  Powerful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment