Sunday, August 5, 2012

Avocado-Banana Smoothie



Avocados are such a hit in our house!  Here is site with tons of information on nutrients and interesting facts on the lovable fruit, also known as the Alligator Pear.  Here is a great site about how to choose avocados when buying- it can be tricky!  One thing I just discovered this year is you can let them get ripe and then refrigerate until ready to use!  I have found they last up to a week in the fridge, just make sure you leave them at room temperature until it yields to firm gentle pressure, then cool.



Ok, so I came across the idea for this smoothie in Martha Stewart Living and the original can be found here.
I made it more tempting to the taste for my 4 1/2 year old son by saying it's a "Hulk" Smash Shake!


Ingredients:
1 Whole Avocado, peeled, pitted
2 Small Clementine oranges, peeled
1 Cup Fresh Spinach
1 Ripe banana, peeled
1/2 cup plain yogurt, or greek
1/4 cup honey
Water

Blend ingredients, I added water at the end till I reached desired consistency.  I did not use ice, but you could :)

Enjoy the sweet treat, and sneak in those veggies & fruits!!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment