Monday, July 23, 2012

Resting


God has been teaching me to rest lately.  I read the verse above on Saturday and have been thinking about it every day since.  When emotions sweep in unexpected, like stress, or worry, I have been saying "Be at rest O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you." and I am instantly calmed down.  Only God's word can do that, it is that powerful, even more so when it is spoken out loud.  Rest is important to God, even Jesus said "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28  He wants his people to rest, and to He gives us the rest that we are looking for.  If you have been going non stop, take some time to sit at the feet of Jesus.  Isn't the story of Mary and Martha so neat?  That Mary chose the best thing, and she was in a position of rest.  He sets your heart at rest in His presence, and He is waiting for you.  When your heart is resting in the LORD, you allow His peace to flood into your life.  

"The Lord is my shepherd I am never in need.
 He makes me lie down in green pastures.
 He leads me beside peaceful waters.  
He renews my soul." Psalm 23:1-3a

We serve a good God.  He guides us.  He supplies our needs.  He makes and gives us rest.  He leads us to peace.  He refreshes us.  "Be at rest O my soul, for the Lord has been good to me." Psalm 116:7  If you are in need of refreshment, not sure what to do next, looking for which ministry to serve in.  Maybe you need to take time to rest, so that you can receive from Him (like Mary), and truly hear what He wants you to do.

  A heart at rest is not anxious, is at peace, and is trusting that Jesus has got you and will guide you.  Wait for Him.  Wait for His plan to be revealed, and don't worry.  He is YOUR shepherd, the good shepherd, and you are the sheep of His pasture, His eye is always on you, and His plan for you is GREAT!

And now....I am off to bed to get some much needed physical rest, it was a long day :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment