Saturday, July 28, 2012

Healthy Snack Choices

We have been trying to eat healthier snacks around here.  If I don't plan for good choices before I grocery shop, I find myself grabbing a bag of chips when hunger strikes.  Here are a few options that are low in carbs, higher in protein and good fat.



Dried nuts & fruit


Boiled eggs


Just bought these at Trader Joe's last week, I have to say that I did love that I did not have to cook or peel the eggs, ready to be eaten.


Blueberry Banana smoothie


Greek yogurt, sweetened with agave nectar, sprinkled with homemade granola & fresh berries


Avocado smoothie, I will post the recipe, really good, and I got Drew to drink by calling it the "Hulk" smash shake.




Hummus with fresh veggies.



Whole avocado, with a squeeze of lemon juice and sprinkle of salt, AMAZING!

Other favorites:  crackers and cheese, apples/celery and peanut butter, chips & salsa, raw trail mix (Trader Joe's), stove-popped popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment