Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Receive Grace



Over the past few months, and especially the past few days the word GRACE has been sticking out to me.  I have always loved the word Grace, it sounds pretty and well I am a little biased to it, it is my middle name after all.  Everyday I am learning more and more about it.  This is another thing I am constantly asking God to give me a revelation of (just like my Revelation of Love post), what his grace means to me.  How does His grace change my life?

What is grace anyway?


Grace-favor, approval, unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification, a virtue coming from God - As Merriam-Webster defines it. 

I think of it as the unearned favor of God.  Experiencing the favor of God changes you forever.  I know I don't deserve it and it I feel like it is impossible to understand how he could ever show such love towards me, but yet he does.  He loves me unconditionally, nothing will ever change that.  “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8:38-39  One of my favorite Hillsong songs captures this verse and points to his unending love: Where We Belong, is SO worth listening to when you get a chance.

This morning I woke up early and got to spend a few precious moments reading to my son and enjoying a cup of tea together.  I usually do not have quiet, easy starts to my day like that.  (Grace of God!!) While Drew started on some puzzles I took my last few moments alone to talk with God.  I told Him that I was about to get my day started and the only way I could make it through at peace, and in one piece (lol) and be able to show the love and grace to my kids that I have been shown is to first receive it from Him a fresh.--- “The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease.  Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.”  Lam 3:22-23---To which His still small voice said "My grace is right here, just take it."  And I did, I let his favor wash over me, and spent a moment thinking on the love of my savior for me, “I am my beloved’s, and his desire is for me.”  Song of Sol 7:10 and I was full.

When you are full of the love and grace of God all you can do is pour out to others.  You aren't looking for them to fill you, because God himself has made you complete.

Of course the pressures of the day arose, cooking, cleaning, dissolving arguments between toddlers......I was feeling stress creep up...in the background I had Pandora radio playing.  At the moment when I thought..."Ok Lord, not sure if I can do this...." Guess what was playing on the computer?  "Your grace is enough, your grace is enough, your grace is enough for me!"  AMEN to that!  His timing is just perfect and His grace is enough, I know He played that just for me in that moment.  But that truth isn't just for me, it is for you too.  His grace is enough for whatever you are facing.  Go to the throne of Grace and receive help for whatever you are going through, Jesus is ready and willing to pour it out, just ask.  “Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:16


No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment