Saturday, March 17, 2012

One Word From You





"You have been regenerated (born again), not from a mortal, but from one that is immortal by the ever living and lasting Word of God." 1 Peter 1:23 

I was just thinking recently of how just one word or sentence from God can change your mood, your outlook, your day, your life!

Last week was an interesting week for me.  A few mishaps happened, encountered several instances of defiance and a little sibling fighting was wearing on me.  I was feeling overwhelmed emotionally, phyically, spiritually....every way you can feel overwhelmed... I decided to talk to the one who could do something about it.

"Dear Lord, my daddy, I need you today and everyday but especially today...." I went through the list of everything that was going on, as if He didn't already know, but there is something about saying it out loud, for me it just unloads and gets my issues out into the light.  I went on an on listing everything I could think of.  "I don't know how much I can take, I am stressed, drained, struggling, tired....... and when I got done saying all my issues God very calmly replied "I am greater still."  WOW!  First of all, isn't it amazing that He doesn't cut us off, he is patient with us and lets us talk all the time to Him and doesn't yawn or get bored or ignore us (we might not always hear our answer right away, but He is listening intently).  That small phrase changed everything, my spirit was lifted, I realized that nothing could happen to me that God couldn't do something about, He is in control.  Does He ever know what to say?!  He sure is greater, and He has got me, he has got my kids, he has got a plan, and it is good for me.

For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.  In those days when you pray, I will listen.  If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. Jeremiah 29:11-13

Today Drew discovered a new favorite song.  It is track by Aaron Crider called "Hallelu".  We were blessed to hear his incredible testimony at Live Live Church back in the fall.  In the song one line kept stuck out to me: "In the presence of the King, One time changes everything."  Amen to that.  So good, so true.  So I just wanted to encourage you with whatever you are facing, taking time to sit in the presence of the King of Kings: Jesus. Open his living word and see what He has to say about your situation.  Just a touch, just a whisper, just a word from Him will change you, change your circumstance, change your world.

Click here to hear MercyMe sing "WORD OF GOD SPEAK" - Great song about listening for His words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment