Monday, July 11, 2011

Gluten-Free BLTs

I usually grocery shop at the beginning of the week and come Sunday I am running low on food.  When I don't plan for lunch we end up going out to eat (I would love to save the money) or I stress about trying to come up with a meal from scratch with not much to work with in my fridge.  At his point the kids are usually tired and we're all hungry.  I have recently started to plan fast meals for Sunday lunch, after church.  It has helped tremendously (and saved us lots of money) to have something planned, I know that I have all the ingredients on hand and it can come together in less than 20 minutes.  We will have a stir fry, hot dogs, burgers, quick sandwiches, ect... This week we had BLTs and they were sooo good and I threw it together so fast.

Ingredients:
Beef bacon
Romaine lettuce leaves
Tomatoes sliced
Grapeseed mayo
Salt & pepper
Butter
Rudi's Gluten-free bread or Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Bread if you are not GF

Start cooking up the bacon, while they are cooking toast your bread.  As the toast gets done butter one side, this will be the side that is on the outside of the sandwich (my father in law first introduced me to butter on the outside of your toasted sammy oh my goodness it makes all the difference in the world).  Next slice up the tomatoes and tear off the lettuce leaves.  Once the bacon is done layer your sandwiches to your liking add the mayo last & sprinkle with salt and pepper.  SOOO simple, but oh so tastey!  We had kettle cooked potato chips ( Trader Joes sells a reduced fat chips that only has potatoes, sunflower oil & salt - I have heard chips are your best option when cooked in ONLY sunflower oil, not safflower - or any other kind of oil, so my Chiropractor says, I have not researched that for myself, but that is the chips we get.  Lays also offers a natural potato chip that can be found at local stores with the same ingredients & so does Tostidos!) and a pickle.  Fast, Simple, Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment