Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gluten Free Taco Pizza


One of the hardest things about eating gluten-free is not being able to eat pizza!  So I recently found a gluten-free pizza crust mix and tried it out this week.  It was Bob's Red Mill brand, and it was just ok.  I think I may have undercooked it.  It still tasted good, but I will be on the look out for a really good crust mix or recipe. If you feel like a good pizza, I hear Buddy's pizza has a gluten-free option.  I will be trying it out soon and let you know!

Taco pizza is one of my favorite ways to make pizza.  It is really easy, and a fresh way to use ground beef.  We had this last week on Cinco De Mayo.

Ingredients:

Pizza Crust, baked (Bob's Red Mill, Gluten-free is what I used)
1 cup Homemade spaghetti sauce (or your favorite jarred sauce)
1-2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/2 lb ground beef, cooked & seasoned with taco seasoning (I make up my own, chili pwdr, garlic pwdr, cumin)
Shredded lettuce
chopped tomatoes or fresh salsa
1/2 avocado, sliced

Spread sauce on baked crust.  Top the sauce with cheese & ground beef.  Bake at 425 for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is all melted and starting to brown just slightly.  Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes & avocado.  Enjoy!

Really easy & the toppings can vary depending on what you like on your "tacos".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment