Monday, March 14, 2011

Super Easy Chicken Quesadillas


I am pretty sure I could eat Mexican food every day!  A good friend made these quesadillas for me at a play date once, thanks Melanie for the idea!  I made a batch of these last week and froze enough for another dinner.  It is so handy to have these in the freezer for a quick meal, so if you make these, be sure to make extra to pull out for lunch or on a night when you just don't feel like cooking. 

5 Chicken legs ( I chose legs because they seem to be the cheapest, but any cut would work), cooked & deboned
1 can of refried beans
16 ounces shredded cheese
1 large pack of corn tortillas

Mix the cooked chicken with the beans.  Spread mixture on top of a corn tortilla, sprinkle with cheese, cover with another corn tortilla.  Refridgerate/freeze until ready to cook.

When cooking, place thawed tortilla in pan or griddle with a little bit of grapeseed oil or coconut oil.  Cook on med heat until cheese is melted, flipping once.  Makes about 10 quesadillas. Serve with salsa, guacamole & chips.

* I cooked all my chicken (15 free-range legs) in  crock pot all day.  Deboned them, saved the bones to make homemade chicken stock, and put the shredded chicken in various dishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment