Thursday, March 31, 2011

Coconut Cinnamon Oatmeal


I found gluten-free oats at the store and was thrilled to try them out!  I am a huge fan of oatmeal, granola, and crisps, so very very glad to give these a go.  We had them this morning and my son ate it up fast.  We put coconut oil in our oatmeal to add good fat, it seems to hold us over longer than without.

Ingredients for 2 servings
1 1/2 cups uncooked gluten-free oats
cinnamon
agave
coconut oil
heavy cream or milk of choice

Cook Oatmeal according to package directions.  (I just put in a pot on the stove, bearly cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for a few minutes, done).  Put about a tablespoon of coconut oil in the bowls first.  Add the hot, cooked oats (this melts the oil).  Sprinkle with cinnamon (about 1/4 teaspoon each bowl), drizzle with agave (about 1/2 Tablespoon each bowl), pour on heavy cream (about 1/4 cup each bowl).  Serve warm....yummy, quick breakfast!  I sometimes will add raisins (goes great with this flavor combo) or chopped nuts (neither of which I have right now!)  

1 comment:

  1. sounds good! I'll have to try with the coconut oil!- Ashlee

    ReplyDelete

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment