Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ask the Lord



I read this today and it really challenged me:


After this, David asked the Lord, “Should I move back to one of the towns of Judah?”
“Yes,” the Lord replied.  Then David asked, “Which town should I go to?”
“To Hebron,” the Lord answered.  David’s two wives were Ahinoam from Jezreel and Abigail, the widow of Nabal from Carmel. So David and his wives and his men and their families all moved to Judah, and they settled in the villages near Hebron. Then the men of Judah came to David and anointed him king over the people of Judah.  2 Samuel 2:1-4

This passage takes place right after King Saul & Jonathan were killed.  It's time for David to be king.  But before he decides to ride on into town and take over, He makes no decisions before first asking God.  

This is one of the things I love about David, that he continually asked The Lord for direction before acting.  This story challenged me to do the same.  I pray I always seek His counsel before making a move,  coming to  a decision or speaking (still working on that one!) Talking with Him before making a decision or letting opinions fly is truly walking with God and giving him the chance to be our shepherd, letting him lead.  I want to include Him in my life in a real way, I can start by simply asking The Lord, as David did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment