Saturday, April 6, 2013

Parenting with a Purpose Series



A few weeks ago I was asked to be a part of this Blog Link-up: 5 days of Intentional Living.  I was so excited Nikki & Leigh Ann asked to me join them, and after praying about participating in the link-up, I accepted.  I then asked God, "What should I write about?"  Almost immediately He said Parenting with a Purpose.  I'm gonna tell you right now I was reluctant to write the girls and let them know of my topic of choice....

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a GREAT topic....for someone else to write on!!!  I will admit, I do not have it all together, most days I leave my home wishing I had everything in it's place and that I hadn't rushed and got stressed.  I am no expert and am still fairly new on this parenting journey, my children are 5 and 2 years old, so I am still very much in the toddler years.

...After continuing to ask God if "He was sure?" (don't you love how we do that?!) he kept whispering and confirming the topic to me.  So here I am writing on Parenting with a Purpose, asking God to teach through me.  I get by most days by the grace of God, so I am a little curious to see what He has planned with this series.  I have been praying a lot, asking friends and family for creative ideas, finding out what works for them and of course trying new things to look for inspiration for our family and to share fresh ideas with you.  In this series you will find tips on setting your children up for success, how to be a godly example, intentional conversations, fun family ideas, practical ways to make your parenting easier and much more!  I am excited you have stopped by to check out the series and can't wait to learn and grow with you!

Day One: Kids will DO as they SEE

Day Two: A Change Refreshes

Day Three: Prepare for Success

Day Four: Stress Free Mornings

Day Five: A Family that Plays together, stays Together!

I am looking forward to encourage you to parent intentionally and I hope you get a chance to check out the other bloggers who are writing about Intentional Living:


Intentional By Grace – “Filling Up Your Life & Not Just Your Schedule”
Christian Mommy Blogger – “Intentional Blogging”
Intentional Homeschool – “Intentional Training”
KaysePratt.com – “Embracing Rest”
Live Called - “Making Your Home a Haven”
Triple Braided Kids – “Cherishing Your Baby’s Development”
Gospel Homemaking – “Intentional Attitudes”
Grace Everyday – “Empowered by Grace”
Creating Naturally – “Preserving Family Memories”
Running Against the Odds – “Training our Mind and Body”
Young Wife’s Guide – “Glorifying God in Your Homemaking”
A Biblical Marriage – “A God Centered Marriage”
New Life Steward – “Intentionally Walking With God”
The Purposeful Mom - “A Busy Mom’s Guide to Teaching Character”
Adventure In the Unknown – “Being Content While Single”