Monday, April 30, 2012

Living by His Faithfulness

Do you have moments....days.....weeks when you feel low on faith?  I will tell you, some days I just am no "feelin' it".  Thank goodness God does not work on our feelings!

A few weeks ago I stumbled across a verse and read it in a way I never had before.  “…but the righteous will live by his faith” Habakkuk 2:4b  A thought crossed my mind "Maybe instead of worrying if I have enough faith in God, I should instead make His faithfulness to me my focal point."  I have recently come to discover that to be true of Love.  It is not: do I love God enough?  But rather, I have decided to live based on the knowledge of his unconditional, unending, love for me.  So, possibly it is the same with faith.  I started to look up verses on faith and here are a few that stuck out.

“Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.” Psalm 115:1

“O LORD God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you.” Psalm 89:8

“But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.” 2 Thess 3:3

“For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.”  Psalm 33:4

“God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.”  1 Cor 1:9

“But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.” Psalm 85:16

Wow!  He is FAITHFUL! It is all through His word, He is the faithful God.  We give him glory because of HIS LOVE and HIS FAITHFULNESS.  Even on those days when we aren't "feeling" very faithful, God's faithfulness towards us never ends.  In fact the word says “..if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.” 2 Timothy 2:13

So I think it is time to really understand that He Loves us and He is Faithful to us.  To say these verses out loud everyday.  To write them on our heart.

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:3 

And as we begin to believe He truly is loving and forever faithful to us we will be safe and secure.  When we are living in the knowledge of these truths and are believing his love and faithfulness is always with us and bound to us, those attributes will effortlessly flow out of us.  I have tried to obey, to love, to be faithful in my own strength, out of my head because that is what you are supposed to do, to no avail.  But, when I really had a revelation of His love for me, his faithfulness to me and his grace abounding to me it began to flow supernaturally out of me as I abide in Him and His truths.  Glorious peace and rest!

Love and faithfulness keep a king safe; through love his throne is made secure.”  Proverbs 20:28

Lord, give me a revelation of your faithfulness afresh today.  Let me go back to child-like faith, to take God at His word.  He is forever faithful, and loving towards me, because the bible tells me so!!!

I hope you have a chance to listen to FAITHFUL by Fee










No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment