Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sit at His Feet

It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day here in Michigan, with temperatures reaching the 60's.  I think I saw just about EVERYONE outside!  We were on a walk, and I was talking to my husband about this blog I said "I really want to be better about blogging, but I don't know if I have the time, or if that is what God wants me to right now?"  To which my husband replied "I don't know honey."  Love him!  A man of little words, I am the one with the words :)  I was wondering if God wanted me to write or not, and I thought I heard Him whisper "write" a few times today but wasn't sure if that was Him or me.  Tonight I got on Facebook and the first comment I read was friend of mine Joann, that I met in middle school, who said she had been inspired by my posting to start her own blog.  Thank you, those words meant more than you know, it is nice to have confirmation sometimes that this is exactly what God wants you doing.


Recently I had a lot of things on my mind (more than usual), worrying about this and that, wanting answers to all kinds of questions, pondering scriptures, beliefs, wanting wisdom, striving to be the wife God created me to be, being a kind mother, a good friend, an encouraging sister and daughter, seeking discipline advice and the thoughts went on and on.  I got on my knees and asked Jesus, what do I do?  I am so overwhelmed by all these cares.  To which he replied, in the still small voice that I have come to know and cherish " Martha, Martha, you are worried about many things, but ONE thing is needed, SIT AT MY FEET."  TRUE THAT, was the first thing I thought!  He was so so so right.  If you don't know the story I am referring to I will post it below so you can read the context this was originally written.



38 Now as they were traveling along, He entered a village; and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord’s feet, listening to His word. 40 But Martha was distracted with [q]all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me.” 41 But the Lord answered and said to her, Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; 42 but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.”  Luke 10:38-41

I found that as I was worrying about how to be the best this and that, how to serve Him best I wasn't letting Jesus do what he does best, be a SAVIOR.  I was not allowing Him to save me from my cares, the expectations of myself, the attacks of the devil.  As I literally sat down I asked God to wash over me with His love.  I began to receive from Him, instead of give, to sit and rest in His presence, instead of serve before Him. I let Him serve me - which was NEW for me.  Do you know what followed? INSTANT PEACE and an overwhelming sense of His LOVE for me. Praise the LORD!  It was almost as if God was like "It is ABOUT TIME- this is what I have been wanting to do! Now here ya go daughter."  

A week later I found this scripture: "19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything." 1 John 3:19-20 AMEN!

So if you are feeling stressed, worried, condemned (feeling like you did something wrong), under pressure to perform, go to the heavenly Father, He is the ONLY ONE who can set your heart at rest....because he is GREATER still!

Suddenly I felt like those problems and pressures were no big deal.  God has got this, God has got me!  But I am starting to notice that the more I bask in His presence, receive his LOVE and GRACE the more I am strengthened to face the day and to LOVE and serve others.  I would be unable to do that without first allowing Him to love me. "19 We love because he first loved us." 1 John 4:19 


I hope to be able to take the time for Him to LET Him love me and be my savior DAILY.


GREAT SONG TO GO ALONG WITH THIS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_KXsMCJgBQ ONE THING REMAINS!

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is heart warming! I love when God speaks into our lives :)!!!! It is so true that all we need to do is stop and bask in his light and we will receive his peace. Stopping just might be the hardest thing we ever have to do. Stopping the worrying, trying to plan, aching to control, accomplish, be everything all the time. Sometimes it must be like we are 2 year olds to our heavenly father... bounding forward into each day with a sometimes reckless furvor... but then we finally sit in his lap with the Good Book and find peaceful glorious happiness. I so love him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is incredibly hard to stop, I am convinced the Devil tries to keep us so busy so we don't take time for this. I love God dearly, my heavenly daddy, thankfully He loves me more and it is unchanging and unconditional! And I LOVE how you write, you say things so well!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this post. It's exactly what I needed to be reminded of today. You are a precious sister. I have no doubt that the Lord is going to use your writings in wonderful ways. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. God is so good, I enjoy writing of His love, He has shown me so much.

      Delete
  3. Thank you,Amber, for the reminder. I, too, find myself worrying about too many things and need to let God take control and speak to me. I've missed your blogging. It makes me feel like I'm keeping in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I have missed catching up with you as well. I hope you are doing well!

      Delete

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment