Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chicken Morgan


I like to make most of my meals from scratch so I can control all the ingredients and know I have healthy food for my family.  Making stuff from scratch definitely takes more time, so when my kids nap I have been doing all my prep work, as well as quiet time with the Lord and clean the house.  It is soooo nice, because when they wake up I have had some precious moments with God, house is clean, dinner is ready to go and I can just ENJOY them.  CHANGING MY LIFE!!!

My mother in law shared this delicious recipe with me, I changed it a little to make it Gluten Free and it tasted just as good.

Ingredients:

3 Chicken Breasts
2 Tablespoons butter
3 Ounces Fresh Spinach
3 Large Mushrooms
1 teaspoon minced Garlic
3 Tablespoon Chopped Onions
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 teaspoon dijon/regular mustard
3 Ounces White Cheddar Cheese or Swiss Cheese
Salt and Pepper
Paprika

Lay chicken breasts flat, slice almost all the way through to create a pocket.
Sautee the Spinach, Mushrooms, Garlic Onions, Worcestershire Sauce, Mustard in butter till the onions are slightly translucent (5 minutes or less), sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss in cheese, turn off heat.  Stuff mixture inside of chicken breasts.  Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika.  Put the chicken in an oven safe pan, refrigerate until ready to cook.  Cook uncovered for 20-25 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees.


I served with Roasted Potatoes, and Berry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing.  YUM YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment