Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Greek Chicken Wraps with Pepper Olive Relish



This recipe was inspired by a dish a good friend of mine brought me after I had my second child, Emma.  It is so helpful to have friends bless you with meals when you've just had a newborn.  I am such a mess and cannot possibly think about cooking with all the change happening around me.  Anyways, thank you Laura for the AMAZING meal, you are such a good cook and I ALWAYS enjoy everything you make!  It has only taken a year for me to make this for myself, haha!  Also, for all of my gluten eating friends, Laura served us these on Ciabatta rolls - so good!

If you like the flavors in Greek salad, you are going to LOVE this.  It is different and relatively easy to throw together.  I actually prepared this before church Sunday, and I loved not having to scramble together some lunch when we got home, and was glad to fight the temptation to go out to eat.


Ingredients:
5 chicken legs (or two breasts) marinaded in Greek salad dressing
Crumbled feta cheese
Organic Corn Tortillas (if possible)
Coconut oil, salt

Marinade:
1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, diced
1/4 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives, diced
1/4 cup sliced mild banana peppers, diced
1 Tablespoon drained capers
2 Tablespoons chopped red onion
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano (or 1/2 tsp fresh)
1/8 tsp ground black pepper



Directions: First: mix the diced olives & peppers, capers, onion, olive oil, vinegar, oregano & black pepper to prepare the marinade.  Let flavors meld from 2-24 hours.  Cook the chicken (grilled is preferred), when finished de-bone & shred or slice. (You can serve the chicken warm or cold-if you want to prepare in advance)  Fry the corn tortillas in the coconut oil, flipping once as they start to puff up, sprinkle with salt.  Layer the chicken on top of the cooked tortillas, add the Pepper Olive relish and top with feta cheese.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment