Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chocolate Shake and Ice Cream Recipe


Well, I felt like chocolate ice cream last night.  Drew, of course jumped at the chance to "make ice cream".  I have a wonderful homemade chocolate ice cream recipe on here, but it requires melting chocolate (which I did not have) and eggs.  It also required heating up & cooling down the mixture.  I felt like making something fast, so I searched on the internet for a recipe that used cocoa powder and eggs and I found this Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe at bakedbree.com ~ Thank you for posting this fabulous recipe!!  It went super quick and I did change a few things to make it "my own".  I, or I guess I should say we (Drew and Andrew (my hubby) helped) whipped it up in our amazing Vitamix blender and then poured it into our ice cream maker.  We didn't have very much ice, so it was taking FOREVER for it to set up.  We ended up drinking it as shakes, and then today we enjoyed it as actual ice cream.  Both ways it is GREAT.  My homemade chocolate ice cream is more milk-chocolatey, similar to a Wendy's frosty, and this recipe is more rich, so it depends on your likes and the ingredients you have on hand.



Ingredients:

1 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup agave nectar
1 1/2 cups organic whole milk
3 1/4 cup organic heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Put all ingredients into a blender, blend until thoroughly combined.  Pour into ice cream maker, follow machines instructions from there.  EASY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment