Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Teachable Moment

Yesterday while driving in our car I told my 3 year old we're going to Costco!  His response was "No I can't want to go to Costco!"  At first I responded with "Well that is where we are going."  He continued to voice his opinion and started getting grumpy that he wasn't getting his way.  It was kinda unusual for him because he loves to go places and especially Costco, hello free samples!  I could have said, stop complaining or no matter what you say we're still going, but I felt God whisper to me "Use this to teach him a truth".  I was lead to bring up his first memory verse, "Hey Drew, remember your memory verse 1 Thessalonians 5:16 says Rejoice Always!  What does that mean?" He responded with "Be happy."  We talked about not being grumpy when things aren't going the way we hope, but to remember there are lots of things we can be thankful for.  His mood immediately changed and he "got it". I was blown away how quickly God's word changed his heart (He is so good and never ceases to amaze!).  It is so true that   "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness," 2 Tim 3:16  

1 comment:

  1. That's great Amber! You're a good mom!!! Praise the Lord for His Holy Spirit to prod us to parent our children wisely. Now, if I'd only listen more often!!
    Love, Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment