Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Creating Traditions: Our special Christmas Eve



I am all about traditions and making the different holidays special.  It is exciting to me to plan fun things for our family to do.  Having a young family, we are just getting the ideas going.  This past year we decided to start creating a new tradition for Christmas Eve.  We came up with a really unique meal, and worked all day on cooking it & setting up for my in-laws, our special guests to arrive for dinner.  We followed the meal by attending the Christmas Eve service at their church (a surprise for them), checking out Christmas lights and ended the evening by opening up our first gifts of Christmas, new pajamas, and took a family picture all wearing our new snug pjs.  


Some of you may know that my husband is a phenomenal cook.  He took classes in culinary arts and is very gifted in creating savory dishes.  So I have to give him all the credit for our delicious Christmas Eve meal: Julia Child's Beef Bourguignon.  It might have taken hours to make, but boy was it worth it!  I will say I helped a little (pealed the pearl onions), but Andrew did pretty much everything else.  It was amazing- seriously best soup I have EVER had, and really made the night feel special.  I thought I would post about it, since Monday night I thawed the remaining soup and we finished it off, it still tasted as good as the day it was made.  If you ever have the time to make a delicious creation, this is definitely one you should try.  We followed this recipe: 
http://www.food.com/recipe/boeuf-bourguignon-a-la-julia-child-148007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now it's your turn, Leave a Comment